My CV begins just below, but if you'd prefer, I have also made available these downloadable versions:
Software engineer with 7 years experience in the games industry. Specialising in optimisation, asset pipeline and toolchains, system architecture and memory analysis.
June 2009 - now
- Technical lead of a small team on an unannounced next-gen project.
- Credited on 5 titles – Crysis 1 (Console), Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Ryse and Warface 360.
- Developed tool for deep analysis of memory behaviour, pivotal in understanding and optimising the Crysis games for shipping on console.
- Refactored memory management, including development of a space and time efficient small object allocator, and defragmenting allocator for GPU resources.
- Moved sound system to command driven worker thread.
- Ported terrain mesh generation to asynchronous jobs, pipelined with occlusion culler to minimise main thread coordination.
- Developed pipeline for automatic analysis of asset dependencies to optimise loading and streaming of open world.
- Optimised file streaming for decreased latency by improving request ordering, overlapping IO and processing, optimising file formats and reducing runtime work.
- Key player in resolving memory corruption and race condition bugs.
- Coordinated the integration of multiple features and optimisations into Warface 360, crucial to achieving the target framerate on that platform.
December 2008 - June 2009
- Integrated 3rd party lighting solution, Beast, into existing pipeline and editor.
- Designed and implemented a job system for Beast to enable bakes to happen across multiple machines over the network – drastically reducing overall bake times.
August 2007 - December 2008
Free Radical Design
- Developed and integrated into existing world editor a terrain plugin for real-time editing of heightmaps and blend maps.
- Developed lighting plugin that enabled artists to configure background lights, baked lightmaps in real-time (GPU shadow mapped and raytraced), batched geometry into light groups for efficient rendering and was visually identical to game.
- Implemented architecture for parallel processing of tasks in world editor.
- Developed data binding architecture to create UI for arbitrary data sources on-the-fly.
June 2004 - August 2007
SchoolsOnTheNet.com and Neon-Dreams.co.uk
- Designed and developed content management software to meet the unique requirements of each customer, utilising AJAX and dynamic pages to improve the user experience.
- Implemented an Object Relational Mapping layer to abstract the database.
- Produced, deployed and maintained bespoke websites for schools and businesses.
|Lincoln University||BSc Games Computing (Software Development) - 1st Class Honours|
Computing and Software Development Skills
|Platforms||Windows, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, .NET, Linux|
|Applications||MS Visual Studio, MS Office, Photoshop, 3D Studio MAX|
|Middleware||CryENGINE, FMOD Ex, Scaleform, MySQL, SQLite, WAF, Bamboo|
|Source control||Perforce, GIT, Subversion|